• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing Knock Sensor

uvaldetxj

NAXJA Forum User
I searched for this, and couldn't find it. So now I ask the members of this forum for help. I need some advice on unscrewing the knock sensor off the block. I attempted to turn it earlier. In that attempt I broke the plastic. I tried using a crescent wrench to unscrew the sensor, but had no luck. I'm out of options. I'm currently running the jeep without the sensor connected. No problems, and no noticable difference. Any help will be appreciated.

My first question is what kind of jeep are we talking about? And why do you want to take out the knock sensor? Is there a problem? Little more info please.

Kim.

Crescent wrenches make excellent paper weights.

Find the correct size open-end wrench and use that.

Sorry for forgetting the info. 1987 XJ, 4.0, AW4, NP231, D44. I've had it for a year, and i've had a slight "ping" on acceleration. I was reading an article yesterday about it. I decided I should replace it, hoping to eliminate the "ping". In the process of doing that I broke the brittle plastic. I was trying to use a "stubby" crescent wrench. Now that I think of it, I probably wasn't getting any leverage. :-\ Thanks eagle, i'll try and locate a bigger open-end.

Back