• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

swaping 3.55's for 4.10's

canadianwheeler

NAXJA Forum User
Would it be worth it to swap my 3.55's for 4.10's? How much better performence do you really get? How much better MPG? I can get a D35 with 4.10's in it ready to go but i would need to pay the labour to get the gears installed in my D30.

What u think?

what size tires you(insert adjective here)

I'm sorry, did someone say D35?? :O

Yeah, it really would be helpful to know aboot what size tyre you're plaaning to run eh?

4.10's will make your jeep fun to drive again

If you can score the complete axles with 4.10's for cheap, then with 31's thats not a horrible ratio with 31's, but if you are buying gears, go at least 4.56's. Before spending $$$ on the D35 in the rear, see if you can score a D44. I can't tell you how many people end up building up a D35 only to end up having to go bigger. Trying to do it on the cheap is actually the most expensive way with axles.

old_man said:
If you can score the complete axles with 4.10's for cheap, then with 31's thats not a horrible ratio with 31's, but if you are buying gears, go at least 4.56's. Before spending $$$ on the D35 in the rear, see if you can score a D44. I can't tell you how many people end up building up a D35 only to end up having to go bigger. Trying to do it on the cheap is actually the most expensive way with axles.
x elevenfinity

Back