• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

arb leakin

BUCKET

NAXJA Forum User
I just did the the two piece axle swap with the larger u-joints and 4340 shafts on my dana 30 that went really easy but the problem is my arb is now leaking.The line coming in the top of the diff, is there some kind of compression fitting or does it just push into the supply line. Had to remove the carrier for the axle swap must of not installed right it looked good
now have lots of air coming out of the the diff vent tube, and my compresser keeps cycling .

Depends on which generation ARB you have.

How did you get the carrier out? Did you take the line off where it goes through the housing or just pull the seal housing off the carrier, or both?

The older ARB's used a compressing fitting on both sides of the bulkhead fitting. The newer Generation has the line go through the bulkhead then a small o-ring is slipped over the tube then a fitting that screws down from the top to hold it together.

You could have nicked an o-ring on the seal housing also.

Back