• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TrXus - Rocks?

Weasel

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I have searched but have no found a definate answer to what I am looking for. I have foudn they are good snow and mud tires but rock?

How do the trxus perfrom on rocks. Perferably not slickrock a.k.a. Moab(everything sticks to slickrock) but granite, wet rocks, shale, etc. My father is consdiering these to replace his old BFG M/T's. He hates how the BFG's slip and slid all over the rocks in MT. He also doesn't like how noisy the BFG's are on the road. I read the Peterson's test but it didn't include a whole lot of sepcific info.

I know a guy that swears by them. He lives in NM and runs them through the desert, sand, rocks, etc without problem. He says that the road noise isn't all that bad either.

Any idea how the sidewall compares to the MTRs? TSLs? Looks like a comparable tread design to the MTRs with possibly more side bite. There don't seem to be too many west coast guys runnin them though. I am looking for a more streetable tire to replace the TSLs.

Jeff

I run 31" trxus on Limestone rock here in Oklahoma and I love them There are no places that I wish I had a different tire. I am moving up to 33" tires this summer and it will be trxus again. I have about 25,000 on them and still lots of tread left. the sidewalls have held up good for me they are 6ply tires but thicker than BFG 6ply (I was told). The 33" are 8ply I think.
HTH my avatar is a nice little climb on limestone rock.
DIG IT!

my friend has them on a grand cherokee, 34s i think. they seem 2 work well. i dunno about milege, hes selling the jeep
jimmy

Back