• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No-slip problems.

XJCRAWLER

NAXJA Forum User
I got a no-slip in front d30 and it doesn't want to unlock when turning then it suddenly unlocks with a loud snap and then the steering jerks allowing it to turn easy. Running 85w140 gear oil. I installed exactly to instructions.

Open the diff and check the springs again.

XJCRAWLER said:
I got a no-slip in front d30 and it doesn't want to unlock when turning then it suddenly unlocks with a loud snap and then the steering jerks allowing it to turn easy. Running 85w140 gear oil. I installed exactly to instructions.
What transfer case do you have?The locker is always "locked" until it see's a difference in wheel speed.

XJCRAWLER said:

This is what my No-Slip did while in 2H. We took it out, rebuilt it, re-installed it and it did the same thing but with the other wheel. We sent it back.

That's what I did and send it back and this is the second 1 I've had. It works fine offroad but very annoying in 2wd. Almost dangerous on windy road cause sometimes it jerks loose quite hard at times.

Take the 75w140 out and put on straight 80w or 80-90w. I had this exact problem and it goes away with the lighter fluid!!!

XJCRAWLER said:
That's what I did and send it back and this is the second 1 I've had. It works fine offroad but very annoying in 2wd. Almost dangerous on windy road cause sometimes it jerks loose quite hard at times.

I think my situation was different. I couldn't even get around corners while on pavement.

Back