• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ/WJ front end on our XJ's

XJawgi

NAXJA Forum User
I got a crazy idea to swap a grand cherokee front end onto my XJ. Im geting ready to prep and fit new front doors and paint my xj and i was going to update to the 97+ front end. But i got the idea to swap to a grand cherokee front end and i was wondering if anyone had attempted to do it. I havent even eyed up the body line on the zj to see if it would line up with our doors. I doubt it would but does anyone think it can be done?

Are you talking about the grill, hood, and fenders? Or the front axle? I assume you mean the grill and such. I dont think that they are interchangeable, but I could be wrong. Might bolt up, or with some fab, but I dont think the body lines would fit. Keep in mind I havent done this, or heard of it, so I dont know for a fact.

Nah im talking bout the whole front clip as in fenders, hood, grille lights. I wanna make it work, it will take a lot of fabing i think. I need to get measurments.

I've seen some panels held up to an XJ....you might as well cut just beneath the windshield and splice the two together. It'd be a lot less work than the amount of fabbing I think it would take. Maybe someone has actual measurements or has tried it and can tell you for sure, but I think it would be quite the challenge.

I also don't know WHY you would want to...I think all the Grands look horrible compared to an XJ! :laugh3:

nhrocker said:
I've seen some panels held up to an XJ....you might as well cut just beneath the windshield and splice the two together. It'd be a lot less work than the amount of fabbing I think it would take. Maybe someone has actual measurements or has tried it and can tell you for sure, but I think it would be quite the challenge.

I also don't know WHY you would want to...I think all the Grands look horrible compared to an XJ! :laugh3:
That and there are several differences in the whole body. The fenders/flairs are molded differently, so the front would have the grand style, while the rear would have the Cherokee style.

g-cherokee.gif

93%20cherokee%20side.JPG

Back