• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tractor Paint

davidt

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody paint their junk with some tractor paint? I am thinking cat yellow. Anybody with tips for prep and application much appreciated. I am thinking about using a HVLP gun. thoughts???

i used a spray gun for my XJ it was a HVLP gun also I just used 80% paint and 20% reducer... try it on some wood or something to make sure you have the right percents first. mine came out ok but hell it never scratches. :) good luck

Painting on metal is better practice.

i went to the junk yard on crusher day and borrowed a few scrap fenders they were happy to give them to me to practice flames on. I returned them and they are now on display in the shop (even though they weren't that great) If you have any relationship with the bone yard, I'm sure they would help you.

The key is to experiment a little with the stuff. paint goes on easy, come off hard.

IMG_3382.jpg

that is Impliment yello "ACE ruststopper" spray paint...

search for a thread called:
JD in the barn, time to play with the CAT"
should be some inspiration....

Back