• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BFG a/t VS> BFG m/t ??

BIG-G

NAXJA Forum User
I got a 4" spike stuck thru the side wall right in the bend and isnt repairable. I ordered another BFG a/t 325/60/50 but they sent me a m/t instead!! I had it put on in the left rear to see how it would handle cause im gonna buy another full/full tire size incase i blow a bead i can wrap the same rubber back around.

Question is, with it being my D.D. but im hittin some trails up this way with my Jeep Armory www.schoharieridgeriders.com in a month, I really like the EXTRA agressive tread and even some side wall biters BUT is this gonna be a good combo to run 2 m/t in the rear and 2 a/t in the front???

(sounds like a reason fror a rear locker but i cant afford it right now!!)

Which would you go with your 85% daily driven XJ????

Running 2 different sets of tires on a vehicle is a pet peeve of mine but if it were me, I'd just buy 2 more BFG mt's because they are real good on the street and even better off road but since your rig is %85 a DD, I'd ditch the mt's and buy 2 more AT's. Besides, as long as you dont get too extreme with your wheelin, a AT will do just fine.

OK, problem... I cant find the 325/60/15 in the a/t anymore!!! Only the m/t !! Uh No, i cant afford another 3 tires at nearly $200 a pop, only one!

BIG-G said:
OK, problem... I cant find the 325/60/15 in the a/t anymore!!! Only the m/t !! Uh No, i cant afford another 3 tires at nearly $200 a pop, only one!
Hmmm... I tried also, BFG still lists them as a size in the A/T, maybe a call to BFG? Otherwise...your screwed. Might be a good time to switch to a more normal size.

Rev

red91inWA said:
anything above 81% DD....AT's, no question about it.

actually anything above 50%.

yup

mine sees way too much street time (when its not on jackstands) to get MT's...

maybe when i buy a honda and put a toy 8 in the back... then i can get MT's

I dont wheel much if any besides using 4x4 to get back into some huntin places and when I get bored enough to take poser shots of the heep or bronco so Ive pretty much got the same problem you have. I want MT's but wouldnt use them for what they are made for most of the time.

XJ4x4 said:
Running 2 different sets of tires on a vehicle is a pet peeve of mine but if it were me, I'd just buy 2 more BFG mt's because they are real good on the street and even better off road but since your rig is %85 a DD, I'd ditch the mt's and buy 2 more AT's. Besides, as long as you dont get too extreme with your wheelin, a AT will do just fine.

Well whats the consenses of running 2 m/t in the rear and 2 a/t in front??? I gotta do somethin so i may be running 2 sets of BFG.
Is there anything i should look out for,,, concerns???

BIG-G said:
]
Is there anything i should look out for,,, concerns???

having your friends laugh at you?
having your rear end have less traction on snow and ice than your front?

Different handling characteristics in the different tire types could cause an unpredictable yaw condition leading to possible loss of directional stability.

JMHO

Rev

Back