• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Calling anyone in Phoenix AZ!!

Holy_Hand_Grenade

NAXJA Forum User
Desperately need assistance as the motor mount bolts snapped off in the engine block. I have one bolt out, one bolt untouched, and one bolt where the ezout snapped off flush with the bolt.

Anyone able or willing to help out in removing these bolts, OR welding on the bracket and have the 2 bolts (without ezout broken in it) hold the bracket.

I have taken it to a shop who held on to my DD for 2 full weeks and thus far hasnt even touched the damned thing and today informed me that it might not be possible for him. He's suggesting pulling the motor out completely and just replacing it.

If you know someone or can do it yourself, please let me know. I'd be more than willing to throw down and help out but lack the knowledge, experience, and tools to even attempt this on my own.

Thanks in advance,

holy_handgrenade
a.k.a. Tim
[email protected]

Try giving Kevin (KevinsOffRoad) a call. If he can't give you a hand, I'm sure he could point you in the right direction...602-841-3355.

When my motor mount sheared, I ended up having a mobile welder come out and "build" up a new bolt shaft by welding to the old stub buried in the block. He then welded a nut onto what he built up, and it turned right out.

Kevin's a great guy. Good luck.

Steve

Hey, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Busy weekend.

It was $105 for the service call. He came to my office and charged me for an hour of labor. That's up here in Denver. He said he was using some special welding rod that costs $300 a pound. It's designed to stick to itself and build up, instead of welding itself to the block. I don't know about that, but I know I can't weld, and I would have paid twice as much, and beeen happy.

How'd things go with Kevin? Are you mobile again?

Steve

To be honest, not entirely sure I understand everyting correctly. But - he used a right angle drill attachment to drill the bolts out, apparently, when the bolts sheared the threads were damaged, so they retapped them and put new bolts in.

Which was also the reason the ezout sheared in the block, the hole was drilled slightly off, so the ezout was trying to extract the head, hence it wasn't turning (even more damage to threads down there) All in all rang up about 6 hours labor to have everything fixed and roadworthy.

Back