• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need more leg room...

jbt114

NAXJA Forum User
89 XJ, 4 door. It's a daily driver and I use it for surf fishing the south shores of Long Island. I don't use the rear pass doors... storage. I need more leg room. How can I gain 3 or 4 inches without major mods? Any suggestions, ideas, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Unbolt the seat mounts and move them back? How tall are you? I'm 6'1" and my buddy is 6'4" and we both have tons of room.

Thanks for the reply... I'm 6'2" but I like to stretch the legs... Forgot to mention that their electric. Any problems there?

Thanks.

Chris

I´ve been contemplating the same thing, moving the seat back a few inches. But to tell you the truth, I think then the steering column would be too short and I´d have to sit a little more upright than I´d like.
I´m old, with a bad back, I´m not talking about low rider style, but just a slight recline, with the seat moved back a few inches, could cause it to be a stretch, to reach the steering wheel.

Back