• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So how did you....

lift the rear of your MJ. The XJ is coming apart and being transferred to the MJ I picked up. I am currently at 8" and have the Bigoffroad 6" rear leaf's (which will be for sale soon) with a 1" shackle, which nets me 8" and I know the MJ leafs are longer. I have looked around and not really found anything conclusive. I figure the a normal spring over conversion would get around 4" I need to get to 8", any ideas other than getting new leaf's made?? I cant seem to find anyone who makes rear leafs for an MJ

TIA
STROKER

The soa is closer to a 5.5 or 6" lift and if you add a teraflex rear shackle that will get you another inch up. Not quite 8" but it clears 33's with only minor plastic trimming and that is with 1 to 1.5" lower 2wd leaves so the 4wd springs might not even need that. I havent done it on this latest MJ but you could try an add a leaf with the soa, that should get you around an 8 " lift.

Last edited:
If you were happy with the BOR pack, you may want to consider building up the MJ leaf pack using some or all the leafs from it. IIRC, both the XJ and MJ use the same width leaf. The only real difference is the length of the Main Leaf. This and going SOA should get you to the 8" lift without any problem.

Les

So SOA will really get you that much on it's own? A guy I met in town with an MJ did SOA and told me it only gained him 3.5" (hard for me to tell with his homemade wooden bed...)

I've been looking for an MJ in semi decent shape to build up and was planning on asking this threads question if I ever found one... :laugh3:

A SOA on an MJ will get you at least 5.5" if your springs are in good shape. The RE 5.5" kit for an MJ includes the SOA crap for the back. Thats what I have on mine and it clears 33" tires easily so if you add shackles or more leafs then you should be able to get to 8".

Ben-

My MJ sits at 3"+ with a Skyjacker full length AAL. If I went spring over on a D44 I would easily get an additional 5"+. Sounds like an easy recipe to me.

Maybe the Hydro assist will work on THAT Jeep....

Whats a matta...did you decide the XJ doesn't like you anymore?

You have the BOR packs to pick from. Use the MJ main leaf and the second leaf from the BOR packs, then give CHW the rest of the BOR pack for his MJ.

Have fun Pete,...er,.. I mean Ben.

A.

Cut the eyes off the BOR and add them to the stock packs. Whats the length difference ?

Ruining a set of BOR leaves that he could turn into cash seems silly to me when all you need is SOA and an AAL or longer shackle and tall spring perch. Don't cry spring wrap at me, you should have a ladder bar regardless.

nhrocker said:
So SOA will really get you that much on it's own? A guy I met in town with an MJ did SOA and told me it only gained him 3.5" (hard for me to tell with his homemade wooden bed...)

I've been looking for an MJ in semi decent shape to build up and was planning on asking this threads question if I ever found one... :laugh3:
3-1/2? Nah!

Think about it. You gain the OD of the axle tube, plus the distance from the axle tube to the spring perch x 2, plus the thickness of the leaf pack. 5" to 5-1/2" sounds about right.

Stroker, grab a set of Dakota or S-10 leaves from Shorty & Dave's, then just use one or two leaves on each side as AALs on top of your SOA conversion and you're there.

Back