• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tires sticking out differently....??im stumped

cassio

NAXJA Forum User
ok i just put on my new tires and wheels...31x10.5 on 15x8 black steelies(ps it looks awesome)

after they were instaled i noticed that the FRONT DRIVER SIDE tire stuck out more than the passenger side front one...

today i had discout tires measure the back spacing on the wheels and they were all the SAME..
so for benefit of the doubt i had them rotate the tires and regardless what wheel...the FRONT DRIVER SIDE tire still stuck out...

the diference is about an inch give or take..
the car is driving fine and the brakes are well in place...

so im STUMPED!

anyone had a similar problem or know why this is happening, is something wrong or is it normal..? thanks guys

Track bar. If you take note, you will notice the only "hard" thing keeping your axle centered under the vehicle body is the track bar ... mounted from the body, parallel and attached to the axle.

This is why they have adjustable track bars.

I found that my front axle was centered better after my 3" lift than it was before. It had been off to one side when it was stock height. It's good though, saved me from having to get a new trackbar right off with the lift.

My back axle on the other hand, sits about 1.5" to the passengers side. I just chalk it up to sloppy manufacturing tolerances and the impacts the vehicle has taken.

Back