• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mirror Hole Covers

MN-Cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I know lots of MJ's and some XJ's came with truck style mirrors that bolt to the door panel. What did they use to cover the hole for the regular mirror? I want to install TJ mirrors on my '96 XJ but want something to cover the stock mirror hole.

Like this:
http://www.driveev.com/jeepev/pics/jeep1.jpg

Anybody have any clue where to find them?

Brian

I was just there. I found what I needed on a Comanche. Only one that had them. There was like five others with mirrors. By the way, you still want that door?

Brian

MN-Cherokee said:
I was just there. I found what I needed on a Comanche. Only one that had them. There was like five others with mirrors. By the way, you still want that door?

Brian

Wouldn't happen to be a part number molded in, would there?

5500-5312-3 is the part number off the CD BUT... it's only lists 1 for the passenger side. It's called a "Cover (less mirror)"

They made both sides (which are different) but mine are installed so I can't get the numbers. as stated - they were on MJ's with one mirror and on both sides of MJ & XJ with the towing pkg mirrors that bolt on the door.

Yeah, there was a cherokee there that had a drivers mirror but a cover on the passenger side. I dont know why that would be.

Also, they come with a little grommet that covers the hole for the adjusting handle. I dont know if they are seperate or included.

Brian

Back