• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What Rear Bumper?

fumble

NAXJA Forum User
I am currently looking for a rear bumper. I want a bumper with two tow points for shackles. I currently have a Class III hitch and was looking for something to replace the stock bumper. Any ideas? Pics if you have something similar to this please!

Thanks,

Dan

I haved just installed a Durango rear w/tire carrier. Very heavy duty, well made, lousy instructions. Very strong - .25" side shields guarding the quater panels. Nice looking. It replaces your trailer hitch and bolts to the 8 bumper/nuts in the body, plus to the trailer hitch/gas skid nuts in the unibody. Does not have towing points. I will use a slip-in hitch schakel.
It depends on the kind of use for your XJ. For a DD and occassional off road and hunting XJ it is great. For a rock vehicle or steeper exit angle, I would go with something else: I would look at Detoursusa.com.
I have a Rigid front bumper yet to install, but did not like the way their rear looked.
Good luck.
Steveareno

2nd that.. I just installed mine today and I love it!!!

The bumper/ tire carrier
DSC00893.jpg

DSC00892.jpg

DSC00890.jpg

Back