• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

39.5s on H1's.

ArcticXJ

NAXJA Forum User
39.5x18x16.5" Boggers. Can they be mounted safely on stock H1 wheels? I'm guessing NO, since the hummer rims are less than 9" wide, but I only found one single statement on that in a search I just did. Apparently 44"s work on them due to a taller sidewall, but the 39.5's put the sidewalls at too extreme of an angle from what I hear.

Anybody done this?

????

It will work, 8in wide rims are ok.

your boggers have a wider bead then the 37-1250MTs that those rims were made for, you can modifly your Magnisieum or rubber run flats to work with your bead thickness or you can get some PVC beadlock inserts custom made by stazworks. About $50 each for the inserts but should be a perfect fit.

I run 42-15-16.5s on 8in rims I like it. I mounted one on a 10in rim and didnt like how wide and low it made it. I think it protect the side wall better and will protect the studs on your hummer rims.

have fun.

Oops... double post.

Good stuff. Yeah, ive been perusing stazworks' site and contemplating the PVC inserts. So basically, stock h1 wheel, with custom insert, and Bingo? Sounds simple enough, and I have a line on a set of h1's for $250. Only thing though Ashman... 42x15s are about 3" taller and 3" narrower. Not to discredit you, seeing as how Ive seen pics of your rig all over the place on some pretty gnarly trails, but have you had the chance to physically see an 18" wide tire run on an 8" wide rim? The concept of it is hard for me to get comfortable with.

Last edited:
badron said:
I think you would be better served at a H1 forum. LUCK
I dont think so. Not too many people who actually drive hummers run 40" tires. And most owners of them are morons.

Ive been dabbling around on Pirate too, since everybody and their mother runs 40's and up there. I still havent found anybody who says "yes, thats what I run and it works fine." Ive had plenty of "well my buddy who wheels with this guy off the web board did and..." .
Folks run other sizes, like Ashman up there, but a picture or two, or a testimony would help me out.

ArcticXJ said:
Good stuff. Yeah, ive been perusing stazworks' site and contemplating the PVC inserts. So basically, stock h1 wheel, with custom insert, and Bingo? Sounds simple enough, and I have a line on a set of h1's for $250. Only thing though Ashman... 42x15s are about 3" taller and 3" narrower. Not to discredit you, seeing as how Ive seen pics of your rig all over the place on some pretty gnarly trails, but have you had the chance to physically see an 18" wide tire run on an 8" wide rim? The concept of it is hard for me to get comfortable with.

Im running a 79in WMS d60 front with about 4.5in BS on the 8in wide rims. My tires at full clock bairly rub the frame, a 3in wider tire in the 42in height would rub, Being 3in lower will help but your BS if you ran the stock hummer rims, I bet your gonna rub the frame bad?

your tires will mount up, they will bulg more then mine but

Rub the frame? Having a bit of trouble picturing that one... where would they hit the frame at? I figured they'd hit the control arms, before anything. I really dont want to go with TSL's. Ive ran them before, and its no comparison to the Boggers. They make a 15" wide 38" bogger, but I need all the clearance I can get under that 14 bolt.

ashmanjeepxj said:
Im running a 79in WMS d60 front with about 4.5in BS on the 8in wide rims. My tires at full clock bairly rub the frame, a 3in wider tire in the 42in height would rub, Being 3in lower will help but your BS if you ran the stock hummer rims, I bet your gonna rub the frame bad?

your tires will mount up, they will bulg more then mine but

69in wms not 79in..fat fingers...
84in out side of the tires.

It rubs on the frame twards the fire wall.

Back