• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harbor Freight Air Horn Install Questions

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I tried to install one of their kits a month back and failed, so I just took it back. (needed the 13 dollars at the time) If I decide to get a new one I have a few questions. I got everything hooked up but whenever I touched the power wire to the battery the compressor just ran and also even though I had them hooked up to my stock horn they didnt work. I guess my question is on the wiring diagram it said there is a difference between a ground activated or power activated horn system. Would a 90XJ be ground or power activated? I know there are wires going to the horn but is that too obvious? If anyone has installed one please let me know how theirs worked out.
Thanks,
Collin

Errr... anyone? Also I didn't have a fuse inline, could that have made a difference?

Horns are grounded and are activated by applying 12v.

Thats helpful to know. Thanks.

I put one in and I just used a scotch lock to the power wire on the horn and grounded the other to the battery. Works great

ryurabbit said:
I put one in and I just used a scotch lock to the power wire on the horn and grounded the other to the battery. Works great

Did you connect it to both horns or just one?

Back