• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C Water in floorboard.

Fatalfunnel

NAXJA Forum User
A/C condensation water is leaking into the passenger side floorboard of my 97 Cherokee Country. I've already experienced this problem before on a Dodge Dynasty. Freaked out at first, but then realized it was a simple fix....the rubber drain tube was clogged on the Dynasty. I'm assuming it's gonna be the same problem on the Jeep, but I can't see the drain tube. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I know it's down there on the passenger side firewall somewhere.

I think it is the small rubber tube with a 90 degree elbow on the fire wall, just above the pass. side frame rail, in the engine compartment. You can use an air compressor blow gun or mechanic's wire to un plug it.

SImilar to what rapom said on another truck I had the drain hose came off and was draining into the truck so when you're unplugging it double sheck to make sure it's still attatched.

If that isn't it, here are some more areas. I had the same problem:

- bad foam gasket for blower motor
- windshield leaking (I had this)
- The rear seats, where the mount for the seat is welded can crack, letting water in. (had this one too)
- Holes from rust (had this one)

Good luck,

Kellen

If you're looking at your oil filter, look up a tad, and to about the 10-11 o'clock position from the oil filter. Small black rubber tube. Makes a 90º tur straight down. Not much of a gap between the Jeep and the end of the tube (maybe an inch roughly). If it weren't 11pm i'd run out and snap a pic for ya. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies, and thank goodness for simple fixes. I was kinda confused because unlike the Dynasty with simiilar problems, I could see water dripping underneath the Jeep with the AC on. I couldn't understand why I was also getting the leakage in the floorboard. Thanks to 99XJSPORT06's description, I reached in there and discovered that...........the 90 deg. tube was pointing UP!!! Anyway, thanks for the replies. I'm sure I'll be a regular.

Back