• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE H&T / Front Drive shaft Problem

jeepownzme

NAXJA Member #1151
I have a 242 transfer case and recently received a RE H&T Kit along with the spicer companion flange from Currie Ent. (Part Number 88-CFDA). My plan was to use these parts in conjunction with an extra front D/S I have.

My problem is: As I was test fitting all of the parts. I noticed that the spicer companion flange will not sit flush against the H&T flange due to the length of the collar that slides over the tailshaft of the TC. There is approximately a 3/8" space between the bolt surfaces. Do I need to have the companion flange machined a little deeper, or did I receive the wrong part from Currie? I was told that this is the same part as Spicer part #211229x.

Does anyone know if NAPA carries the correct spicer companion flange?

Thanks for your help...

jeepownzme said:
I have a 242 transfer case and recently received a RE H&T Kit along with the spicer companion flange from Currie Ent. (Part Number 88-CFDA). My plan was to use these parts in conjunction with an extra front D/S I have.

My problem is: As I was test fitting all of the parts. I noticed that the spicer companion flange will not sit flush against the H&T flange due to the length of the collar that slides over the tailshaft of the TC. There is approximately a 3/8" space between the bolt surfaces. Do I need to have the companion flange machined a little deeper, or did I receive the wrong part from Currie? I was told that this is the same part as Spicer part #211229x.

Does anyone know if NAPA carries the correct spicer companion flange?

Thanks for your help...

My guess is curries flange is different, because my 211229 spicer flange sits perfectly flush on the H&T...

the currie one is different, i made the mistake to buy it first and it did not work. just get hte spiecer part 211229x and you'll be golden

I am doing the same thing right now only not as far along as you are. However, Rockford Drive Lines also have a flange # R2-21-1229 CV that also should work.

Back