• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil Pressure Sensor

Drunk tank

NAXJA Forum User
So there I was cruisin in my whoopty today and a "Check gauges" light comes on and i notice I have zero oil pressure! I immediatly pulled off the street and shut her down.... figured somehow I must have lost all my oil! Check and the theres no leaks and all the oil is sittin pretty like it should. So I came to the concluesion that the oil pressure sensor took a shit on me but it was fine to drive. Then about 10 miles later... look down and the light is off and my oil pressure is where it should be! WOOT!

Anyhow... where is this sensor and round about how much do they cost? Figure I should replace it soon if its givin me troubles and all.

Drunk tank said:
So there I was cruisin in my whoopty today and a "Check gauges" light comes on and i notice I have zero oil pressure! I immediatly pulled off the street and shut her down.... figured somehow I must have lost all my oil! Check and the theres no leaks and all the oil is sittin pretty like it should. So I came to the concluesion that the oil pressure sensor took a shit on me but it was fine to drive. Then about 10 miles later... look down and the light is off and my oil pressure is where it should be! WOOT!

Anyhow... where is this sensor and round about how much do they cost? Figure I should replace it soon if its givin me troubles and all.

It's located near the oil filter. It's only got one wire that goes to it and grounds itself when it screws into the block. You can get them for about $20 (Mopar part #56026779 or GP/Sorensen #OPS140). Both numbers are pre-97.
HTH,
Billy

Back