• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HOPPY 42465 1997-01 trialer wiring

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
Any known issues ? Just picked one up and installed it. Seems to be OK, all the signals, directionals, brakes, parking and backup work. Have not hooked it up to a trailer yet, borrowing one a few times over the next few weeks for lumber yard, tractor and snow blower transportation into the shop for repairs. Both the adapter and the trailer have flat 4 connectors. Note on the instructions say that a heavy duty flasher may be required to eliminate rapid flashing...
Anybody know what the pinout is supposed to be on a flat4 connector, I'd like to throw a meter on the ouput before I plug it into anything...
Would have preferred the Jeep one but the dealer no longer lists the darn thing for the XJ...shoulda bought it when back when I first got the jeep, aw well, hindsight...

The pin that's the opposite of the other three is ground. The pin on the other outside of the connector is brakes, and the center two are left and right blinker. Doesn't the Hoppy instruction sheet include that info? It's been a long time since I looked at one.

My hoppy says what it is right on the wires next to the plug. Mine works wonderful and mine already had a heavy duty flasher b/c its not rapid and i dint change a thing.

Back