• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats your opinion on this tranny cooler?

Purple

NAXJA Forum User
just wondering if i should gte something like that or just a b&m or hayden unit. This would last longer and would not clog up with mud and stuff like the other ones would.
80_1.JPG

The only thing that matters is it's rated capacity. Compare that to the others that you would use.

this one LOOKS cool!

Prepmech and Purple should work on their rigs togther

Maybe if you ran 2 in series or went through the radiator first and then through that cooler but I would be worried about capacity to heat transfer, just looks undersized for any kind of towing - even occaisional.

my .02

JC95

That's a street-racer framerail cooler. They're only meant for applications that can't afford the space/weight for larger ones. I looked into those for quite a while; Moroso and Derale seem to make the best of that type, but for the price, just get a regular (even smallish) cooler.

Timber is wright it is built for racing aplications..the idea behind it is if you go real fast...you have enough air to cool down....but if your ideling or climbing you may have trouble...case in point, your computer has a heat sink that works the same way, your case fans bring in cooler air so the heat sink(which is like that cooler) will cool the cpu down if your running a very hot cpu the heat sink needs a fan because the air comming in is not enough to cool it down. But if you would cut a hole in the side of you tower and put a sizeable fan blowing down on heat sink , it then would cool it down also. Now a regular tranny cooler for vehicles that tow, have a longer rout for the fluid to travel, so its easier for the fluid to cool down. And so it dont need much incomming air to cool it down.....plain as mud huh!

Back