• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need help with 87 cherokee Tcase linkage.

langer1

NAXJA Forum User
Please take a look at these pictures.
I have a shifter now for a NP231 but still can't seem to hook it up.
Nothing is in the right place.
The linkage goes forward to a bellcrank then back to the Tcase,
it seems as though everything is backwards.
The tcase is in 2wd and seem's like the shift arm need's to go clockwise, it don't know.
The tcase is in 2wd and the arm is at 8:00 does it need to go cw or ccw from there?
IM000372copy.jpg

IM000371copy.jpg

Its dark out right now, but ill go check my np231 linkage in the morning. If all else fails, u can shift it manually with a wrench!

But in your pictures none of the linkage was attatched. Do you have any pictures of it all together?

Jeepkid8037 said:
Its dark out right now, but ill go check my np231 linkage in the morning. If all else fails, u can shift it manually with a wrench!

But in your pictures none of the linkage was attatched. Do you have any pictures of it all together?

No it was not together when I got Her,
The previous had someone replace the tcase, the orignal one was a NP242 the one they but in was a NP231 they never was able to hook the linkage up.
All the rods seem too long and want to move the tcase arm in the wrong direction.
I am I 2wd now and the tcase needs to turn CW for 4wd n 4wd-low (I think)

Back