• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

getting ready to put on a lift

88bluecrunched

NAXJA Forum User
Like the title says I am getting ready to lift my jeep. I have RE coils and Rusty's Offroad AAL. The over all lift I hope will be around 3.5 inches. I know I need new shocks but do I need extended brake lines. And is there anything else I need to complete the lift? And where are some good places to get shocks at? The only place around here that could get me some reasonably was Les Schwab at $40 each.

Last edited:
I got 3.5 out of my Rusty's AAL. I got lucky on my break lines. They had plenty on slack in them after the lift. I didn't even use Rusty's cheesy bracket. I've got a RE Adj. Trackbar on the way now, but I've been running the stock one. The offset is only noticable if you really look for it. Just depends on how picky you are I guess. You might need a SYE, or get away with shimming. I was lucky, and had no vibe issues.

mrbill3 said:
No disrespect to Haleyes, but definitely do the brake lines. If you happen to overflex just once, the result could be deadly. $$ well spent.

None taken,

I was just saying I was lucky and they had plenty of slack in them. Previous owner may have replaced them at some point I dunno? They didn't look like replacements though.

YJ lines on all 3 corners - that what all the cool kids are doing...

Back