• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radial TSL

etaniyani

NAXJA Forum User
hey everyone, thinking about the 32/10.5 radial tsl's and have some questions for those who use them as a daily driver as well as the trails. what kind of mileage are you guys getting out of them? do they vibrate a lot? obviously i expect them to be pretty loud, but im curious whether they will vibrate the car while on the freeway etc. If you were to buy another set of tires would they be the same set? thanks in advance.

I had 33x10.50 radials and had very good luck with them. If you rotate them and keep a eye on the psi they last pretty long.

yes they vibrate everything. i have the bias ply ones and they cause a mild shimmy at certain speeds because they wont balance. ive ridden on radial TSL's and theyre pretty much the same just without the shimmy. theyre loud, they vibrate (especially at lower speeds.....mine will shake the coffee out of my cup in the morning if its too full). i wouldnt run them on a DD. go with the IROK or TRXUS radials for a DD

The radial TSL is kind of an antiquated tire. Theres much better dual purpose tires out there. They dont last a whole lot longer than the bias counterpart, dont ride much better, and certainly dont perform nearly as well as the bias version. If your after some extra road mileage and comfort, theres many better choices out there. Try the IROK radial, the LTB, the Trxus, the MT Baja series (MTZ, Claw) or even some of the newer japanese manufacturers like Toyo, Nitto, or Yokahama.

ArcticXJ said:
The radial TSL is kind of an antiquated tire. Theres much better dual purpose tires out there. They dont last a whole lot longer than the bias counterpart, dont ride much better, and certainly dont perform nearly as well as the bias version. QUOTE]
Would argue that one. I had experience with both 32x950 bias AND 32x10.50 Radials on the same truck with the same suspension. There is no way I would ever put another set of bias tires on a street drive truck. That was actually so bad I had to laugh as I drove down the street! On the other hand, I would say the 32x10.50 Radials rode no worse and made no more noise than the old version GY MT's I had prior to all that, or the previous BFG MT's. I think the Radials behaved MUCH better than the bias. And they worked very well off road down here in the south.
HTH.

Hmmm. Both types were run on the ol' CJ5 and I wouldnt have compromised the (In my opinion) excellent off road manners of the bias for the (again IMO) marginally better road manners of the radial. The radial gummed up as quick as the BFG mt's did, and didnt pull much better, if at all.

I was out on the west coast, where it stays pretty warm, and the mud is scarce compared to the south. My experience were with the 36" variety though. Different stokes for different folks, I guess.

Yup. My experience was on a very light Samurai. It wasn't driven on the street much, but some. Those 32x9.50's were the only time in 150k miles that I actually felt unsafe on the highway driving to the trail! and I do mean UNSAFE. I sold the bias to a jeeper who loved them and had no complaints. But I won't but bias on a truck that will ever drive to the trail. Not worth it when I'm at least an hour drive to any trail.
My $.02

Craziness. :) I wont ever run a radial on a rig that has a slight chance of seeing a trail. The last 4 sets of tires I've run have been bias. My newest set (due in this month) are Boggers. 39.5's on the Daily driver will be fun. :D

Back