• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

header/exhaust coating

sixditch

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for something to coat my header in order to lower my temps. around my engine. From what I've heard, ceramic coatings are out of the question due to cost. I'm just looking for something, maybe even silver spray paint, to get the job done.

Just wondering if anyone else has addressed this issue and if so what did you do and how is it holding up?

Thermo-tec is very good for what it's intended for....race/street cars. If you use it on a offroad vehicle, it will rust the header out.

Ceramic coat is better, as long as you don't skin the surface..it won't rust...and it helps with underhood temps....and you gain a couple of hp. It shouldn't cost over about 125 clams to have it coated...more shops are doing it so the cost is coming down...I just had my dragbike header redone by a local shop...cost 65 clams.

hmmm... ... i guess i will try and call a few local shops about the ceramic coating. I'm not looking to spend much more than $50 for coating jeep headers, but ill see what i can come up with.

Thanks again for the ideas and keep 'em coming!!

Im using DEI wrap, but my header is stainless. It does keep waves of heat from billowing out of the hood, but according to the gauge it didn't drop temps.

Wasn't counting on it, but people usually ask if it did.

sixditch said:
I'm not looking to spend much more than $50 for coating jeep headers, ...
Unless youve got a 2.8, youre only going to have one 'header' to coat. Not a pair of 'headers'.

ArcticXJ said:
Unless youve got a 2.8, youre only going to have one 'header' to coat. Not a pair of 'headers'.

i know what im talking about just look at the heading and my first post in the thread, thanks for the grammar check!

I have the 4.0 and a borla header. i have had the header for over three years and it has accumulated an odd white corrosion. I dunno where it came from. I was thinking while I have my motor out I would make an attempt to prevent any more corrosion and help with underhood temps.

thanks everyone for the ideas

sixditch said:
i know what im talking about just look at the heading and my first post in the thread, thanks for the grammar check!
My pleasure.

Back