• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rockkrawler 2.5" shackle problem!!!

jshwank

NAXJA Forum User
Have any of you guys that use the Rockkrawler 2.5" shackle had any problems attaching them to RE leaf springs? I just went to attach them and there is at least 1/2" of gap in between the sides of the shackle and the metal sleeve in the leaf spring bushing. I was thinking about maybe using hardened washers to take up the slack, or wondering if I just maybe got the wrong shackles. I tried looking on their website and the shackle looks like the one I have and of course I can't call them since they're on the east coast and already closed.

Anybody have any suggestions???

Thanks,

Jeremy

My Daystar shackles started out about 1/4 inch too wide, but the bolt pulled the sides of the shackle right in. If you can get the bolt started it should be able to tighten them up fine.

Thanks for the replies guys...When I tried to just tighten the bolt down, the gap closed all the way, but the shackle looked way too bent in, so what I ended up doing was putting (2) 1/2" square washers on insides of the shackle in between the bushing and the shackle. I believe each one of the washers was about 1/8" thick, so it closed the gap up easily and now the shackle looks a lot better than it did before. I haven't road tested it yet, but if for some reason I have any problems, I'll report back.

Thanks again,

Jeremy

Back