• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Federal EPS Warranty on Exhaust

Timber

NAXJA Forum User
EDIT: Nevermind--ignore this post. The "related parts" part of the warranty is only effective for two years/24,000 miles.

Just wondering if anyone has used the federal warranty to replace his or her cracked exhaust manifold. I read on here all the time (slight exaggeration) about the crappy exhaust manifold cracking, but I never read about anyone cashing in on the federal emissions warranty (which specifically mentions exhaust manifolds as "Emission Related Parts"). It goes on to state, about these "related parts" that "when any of the parts of the following systems are defective in materials or workmanship and have failed in a way that would be likely to cause your vehicle’s emissions to exceed federal standards, they should be repaired or replaced under the emissions warranty." I plan to do this if (probably more like when) this happens to my '99. This specific link covers 1995 to present cars and light-duty trucks.
Check it out: http://www.epa.gov/otaq/consumer/warr95fs.pdf

Last edited:
Back