• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tilt Steering Column Swap

90red

NAXJA Forum User
Okay guys, I did a search but I did not find the answers I need. I have a 90XJ 4.0 5 speed that is my daily driver. It is about as plain as it can be while having A/C. I have installed a new guage cluster and power windows and locks and painted it. I have an 89 Laredo donor (bad engine) that I have been getting lots of good stuff off of. It has a tilt steering column and also has intermittent wipers. My current XJ does not. I would like to swap the columns and also be able to use the intermittent wipers. Is this a direct swap, or am I looking at a wiring nightmare to make the intermittent functions work on my 90. All the electrical functions on the donor are in good working condition and I can take everything off of the old one including the wiper motor if need be. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.

90red

Try going to a reputible salvage yard.All salvage yards,or at least the ones that do a good business,use a book called Holenbeck.This books lists parts that are interchangeable with all vehicles.Your best bet will prolly be another
XJ w/the Saginaw column.....w/tilt

Back