• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

URGENT: PARTS HELP, fuel pump choices

MACH90XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Urgent for me anyways, I need the part right now like in a parking lot at work.I need to know what the OEM pump manufacture is. Parts guy says walboro or bosch, then looks up vin# which says it is walboro.I know i have read here about cheapo pumps failing ,to go with bosch, but I never heard of walboro pumps.Bosch is $90, Walboro is $94 so its not in the cheapo price range of $65 to $75. Will either work ? I assume but have not read about this issue.

If anyone used a bosch in their '90, do you have a part # for Napa ?

The OE pump is a Bosch made in hugnry or somewhere like that i think but most def a bosch... i went with an airtex i think its a little noiser then oe.. make sure u get a good seal on that slip ring thingine and dont set your self on fire

Not so sure about Jeep's preferance but I know for a fact that Walbro is a big name high performance company for fuel pumps!
I would go for it for sure:exclamati
here's a link to their site
http://www.walbro.com/

Walbro, I knew I recognized that name, just rebuilt a 2 cycle carb for my mini tiller thats made by them. Any one actually used one in anything.My jeep has roared off and on since I got it 2 years ago, and I know its not the original. Previous owner replaced it in '94. I wouldnt mind something a little quieter.I pulled it out and no names on it. That was alot easier than I thought it would be. I had aaa pull it home so I got the right one the first time.

Any bosch users had any complaints reliability wise ?
Any walbro users ?

I dont know about your 90, but on my 93, they also listed a walboro and a bosch pump. And i found out the hard way that they are very different, and had to make an emergency run back to the parts store. So, on my 93, and walboro and bosch were two completly differnt types of pumps, not just diffent brands. I would go with whatever the vin listed.

Hillbilly, what was different ? physically or internally.Which one fit your '93 ? I have it out to compare physically but I dont know much else about electric fuel pumps.

Looking into the walbro,all I can find is high performance stuff on the web.Not sure what stock flow and pressure is but the ones I found had some pretty high pressure and flow rates.

Physically differnt, the size and how they mount. I dont remeber which one mine took, i can dig out the box after i get home from work and look, but i dont know that it would help. Its really best to just take the old one to the parts store, and compare, if you can. The first one i bought was the more common one, according to the napa guys, and it was the wrong one for my jeep. But i also dont know the differnce between the 90 and 93 models when it comes to the pump. I know mines after they went to the HO motor, So i dont know what all they changed.

Walbro wasnt even close to the same one, about half the size of what I took in to compare. Bosch was the one that matched up. Thats why I always question these parts stores computer sytems.

Back