• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

full traction 6 inch LA

*xj-man*

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone have this lift? by full traction i was wondering how well it preforms
does the rear flex good?
does the front flex well?
hard to install????
anny suggestions/opionons

*xj-man* said:
does anyone have this lift? by full traction i was wondering how well it preforms
does the rear flex good?
does the front flex well?
hard to install????
anny suggestions/opionons

I just put one in my 98 XJ. IT RULES!!! It has some mad flex in the front and rear. My XJ isn't locked, but i was able to go over stuff that only the locked rigs in my group could do because I had so much flex that none of my tires would leave the ground, and therefore no slippage. I highly recommend this kit, though it's a b1tch to install.

-red-

hmm...im guessing it was all bolt on
?

and another thing. did u have any problems with your long arms cause they look like they would scrape for there big size?

..good flex you say??hm i'm thinking about that lift or either the RE 5.5 short arm it just doesnt look liek the full traction rear leaves would flex all that much?>>?

*xj-man* said:
hmm...im guessing it was all bolt on
?

and another thing. did u have any problems with your long arms cause they look like they would scrape for there big size?

..good flex you say??hm i'm thinking about that lift or either the RE 5.5 short arm it just doesnt look liek the full traction rear leaves would flex all that much?>>?

It was a "fully bolt-on" but that doesn't mean you don't have to drill thru the frame or that any of it is easy. It took a long time to do, especially because the directions sucked. I get a little bit of rub, my tire walls on my control arms, when i turn all the way to one side. It doesn't hurt the tires, just leaves a little black on the arm. The rear leafs are still to begin with, but I haven't had any problems on the trails. I am kind of a newbie, so I can't speak with certainty on any of this. But I know that I was able to do quite a bit of stuff out there that a lot of other guys couldn't. I've heard great things about the RE 5.5" too, so I think either way you'll be in good shape.

-red-

Yes, I have it. Had it a year now and love it. Great driveability on the road. I'm running 35's with it with alot of trimming. I'd recommend more bumpstop then the 3" it comes with. I didn't do the install, but the guy had to buy different u-bolts for the leafs because they were crap. Good luck.

I just witnessed this kit being installed in the shop about 3 weeks ago. It didnt go on hard at all. Not in relativity at least. The kit prior to that was by Sierra Rock Control... if any of you are familiar with Ty and his company.

The maiden voyage was a jaunt out to the valley from Anchorage. I drove the jeep about an hour+ down the highway and into town, and through a couple hundred yards of bumpy, rutted, dirt "roads" to our annual Alaska 4x4 meet and greet event, where it flexed up quite well on the ramp. IIRC, on the 30 degree ramp, it scored somewhere in the 400-450 range, which is approximately 8-900 on a traditional ramp.

Ive spent quite a few hours behind the wheel of longarm'd jeeps from SRC, Rubicon Express, Full Traction, and others.

The full traction kit is hands down my favorite so far. It easily surpasses the other kits on the market right now in at least road manners. If anyone has yet to install a production XJLA kit from RE, you all know how ridiculously lousy the fitment is and how much modification it takes to fit the X-member to the XJ unibody. I lent a hand in that install as well about 3 monts ago. The Full Traction kit was a breeze in compairison, and is actually a bit cheaper than the RE setup. Not to mention, its a true 4 link, unlike the others, who mount there uppers to the lowers (aside from RK, who runs a 3 link). If you get a chance to see the Full Traction kit up close, take note of the HUGE heim joints on the end of the control arms, and also the flex joints at the opposite end.

Next XJ I own will have this kit.

I just finished my lift last week with my 6 inch long arm... I am still waiting on my driveshaft and I just installed my SYE yesterday so I have yet to test it out. The install went pretty smoothly (I didnt install it but saw most of it). I picked up my shocks today and need to put them on tomorrow.... then exhaust and alignment and I am headed off to silver lake for a whole weekend of testing. I will let you know how it performs on the dunes. I plan on doing some jumping so I will let you know how it holds up!!!

white99z said:
I plan on doing some jumping so I will let you know how it holds up!!!

Careful with that d30. :D Thats how I bent mine.

May21TB_pre_run.JPG

Here's my junk. Awww, wish my passenger side was still as pristine after that run at Turkey Bay.

Haspin_XJ.JPG

267455610-R1-021-9.jpg

Here is the kit! SYE not included, lol.

266infulltractionliftparts.JPG

Oh and check out the TRIPLE, yes TRIPLE wrap eyes on those springs, too. You aint gonna bend those like the skyjackers! BEEF!!

I was just wondering if any of you that installed it yourself had any tips on how to set up the upper and lower control arms. How did you get the pinon angle right for the front? How did you get the track bar adjusted right? Any tips or any problems? Is there any place where someone has posted better install instructions? Any help would be wonderful.

Back