• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiring questions

hman333

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, i have 8 switches to various things on my jeep (lights and junk) and i would like to wire them up clean, nice, and pretty. i am wondering what is the best way to do this? Where can i get a switch panel for the switches? What should i do as far as relay and fuse blocks, and where can i get them?
would appreciate any input and pictures of how yours is done.
thanks

Switches may be mounted in any convenient manner, but if you try a search for "switch panel" you can find some ready-builts that someone did - looks nice between the sunvizors (and they're paintable metal, with, I believe, eight holes for switches.)

Relays can be mounted any way that is convenient as well - if you are going to have several, it is best to get some sort of "gang" mount for the relays - Hella makes one that I like, even if it is a little spendy (~$30 from rallylights.com,) but it's got a gasketed lid, is splashproof, and the blocks can be ganged into a "mega-block" along with Hella's fuze blocks (same source) for convenience. The terminals slip in from behind and latch, and spare terminals can be had. Ping me backchannel (PM or [email protected]) for Hella part numbers if you can't find them at rallylights.

The most recent thread featuring those switch panels I mentioned also shows a nicely done "homebrew" wiring setup for seven relays, switches, and everything else, and he did a good job (in spite of my own critique - chalk it up to a difference in technique. I try to make all my criticism constructive.)

If you are a little "weak" in automotive electrics - or electrics in general - post in your chapter asking for electrical help, and you can probably find someone to help you for a few beers and maybe the cost of parts (if you make him go get them.)

If you are anywhere near San Jose, you're welcome to get hold of me backchannel and we can arrange for you to come by for ideas & BS...

5-90

hey i am ok at electric work, and i also saw that thread where the guy wired up 7 switches, the main thing i guess right now is getting a switch panel, also is there anyone else who makes a les expensive fuse/relay block?
thanks

hman333 said:
Ok, i have 8 switches to various things on my jeep (lights and junk) and i would like to wire them up clean, nice, and pretty. i am wondering what is the best way to do this? Where can i get a switch panel for the switches? What should i do as far as relay and fuse blocks, and where can i get them?
would appreciate any input and pictures of how yours is done.
thanks
http://www.12voltguy.com/

i just sent an email to deke to see about buying one of his switch panels, so maybe i can get that out of the way, so now im just looking for fuse and relay blocks, i may just line a bunch of relays up and put them on something, and just get a fuse block then.
thanks guys

Back