• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pcm fault code 32 question

clayman

NAXJA Forum User
pcm fault code 32: Short or open in the EGR solenoid circuit. Check for loose, broken, or shorted wire in the EGR valve wiring and connectors. Possible air fuel ratio imbalance not detected during diagnosis.

I have a 94 xj, 2wd, auto tranny and have had some problems with it dying when the engine is cold. i checked the code and got 32. i swear i read on this forum that the 94 didn't have an EGR valve. i tried to find the article but couldn't. am i going crazy or is this true? if there is no EGR valve then what does this code mean? just that my air fuel ratio is off? when this ratio is off its usually a sensor correct?

thanks for the help.

A 1994 4.0L does not have an EGR valve. Are you working on a 4.0L or 2.5L? Purhaps the 2.5 does....I don't know...

sorry its a 4.0. my jeep just died again on the way to work and i couldn't get it to start so i checked the codes. this time it was 11 and 12.

11 battery diconnected within the last 50 starts (it wasnt)
12 bad connection between crank position sensor and PCM

i finally did get it started. would a bad CPS cause my jeep to die while driving and then have trouble starting?

would a bad CPS cause my jeep to die while driving and then have trouble starting?

A bad cps would defin. have an issue starting, not sure about the dieing part while driving.

As far as code 11 goes i get that code as well and mine hasn't been off since i bought it.

Back