• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf spring question

I just ordered the heavy dutys from Quadratec.com. $155 to my door, but they do have to have new bushings. They were nice, and gave me a perfect 1 inch of lift. Highly recommended.

I have also need for new leafsprings... So here in estonia they cost more than 300$ (OEM) :hang: ... Is there other cars that are using same size leafsprings? Or what are the measurements of OEM new leafspring?

The XJ's are 2.5 inches wide. I have noticed that you can almost get any springs you can fit in there, as long as they aren't too long. You can do an add-a-leaf. You can also get them from any XJ ever made.

we added a leaf from into my sisters XJ from a fullsize cheby I believe, but now that I think about it, it seems like they would be wider.... prolly was an S10

Steele said:
Kkerem-chevy s-10 springs should work, as well as dodge dakota springs....if they are a little more available...
No, they will not work if kkerem wants to retain a stock (original) suspension height. S-10 or Dodge Dakota leaves are used to lift the vehicle.

Jackhill442 said:
I just ordered the heavy dutys from Quadratec.com. $155 to my door, but they do have to have new bushings. They were nice, and gave me a perfect 1 inch of lift. Highly recommended.

can they use stock style or are they different, because I already have realtivly new poly installed.

Yes, it may be cheap in US, but shipping costs as much as springs. So, my question wasn't rightly presented - I mean leaf springs that almost match without rebuilding all the suspension system.
Here is quite big US car "community", so I hope to find other cars suspension to match.

Thank you

Back