• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coolant Bottle!!!

cardboard

NAXJA Forum User
Ijust found a crack in my second coolant recovery bottle in 1 month( those things are hard to find in the junk yard), Thus my jeep is overheating AGAIN.. I saw a thread on jeepxj.com that got rid of all that stuff and and ran hose directly from the water pump to the heater core, and then put in a small aftermarket recovery bottle. My question is when you do this are you putting that little ball valve back in anywhere, If not how do keep the heat from being on all the time????????
Help please , if its overheating I can't wheel it... Digger

Go to madxj.com and read the open cooling conversion article there.

i just replaced mine with an aluminum moroso expansion tank, works great...and no more stupid plastic bottle. email me if u want some more [email protected]

Brad

Thanx

Thanx Riptide for the info. I Ordered a new bottle from quadratec last night. This should fix my problem seeing as it just started to overheat when the crack showed up.
Digger

Back