• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clutch Fan Removal ....?

BIG-G

NAXJA Forum User
I keep hearing about people removing the clutch fan to reduce engine pull and they add in dual electric fans.

My question is how is this done?? What do u do with the pully after its removed?? How or where do u hook the wiring up to?? Where should i get the best electric fans for the job??
And last question; if this is successfully done, will there be a HP increase due to the fact that theres no cluthc fan to pull on the motor and will this make it run ANY COOLER???

Sorry if its been asked before but my search came up with no answers to my questions. Was looking for a write up as well!!!

Thanks in advance!!!!!

What did you search for? I just did a search for "dual electric fan" and came up with answers for more questions than you just asked (65 responses total, many of which are about what you're looking for info on)... Try looking at GoJeep's write on his site as well.

nhrocker said:
What did you search for? I just did a search for "" dual electric fan" and came up with answers for more questions than you just dual electric fanasked (65 responses total, many of which are about what you're looking for info on)... Try looking at GoJeep's write on his site as well.

SORRY. maybe what i typed in wasnt getting the related responses. I will type in "dual electric fan" instead of "clutch fan". Sorry about that; its an honest mistake and thanks for helping!!

I put in a 16" zirgo efan that puts out 2000+ CFM in a custom shroud. We ended up just cutting off half the clutch fan mount and completely removing the pulley and bearing.

nhrocker said:
What did you search for? I just did a search for "dual electric fan" and came up with answers for more questions than you just asked (65 responses total, many of which are about what you're looking for info on)... Try looking at GoJeep's write on his site as well.

x2

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my dual electric fan write-up:

http://www.angelfire.com/my/fan/electric.html

My replacement for the clutch fan is a 14" HP electric fan (1800cfm) similar to some that are sold on ebay. I mounted it in the factory shroud. The other is a newer style auxiliary fan with the ten curved blades.
Total capacity is about 3000cfm and that's enough to keep my stroker cool.

Back