• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newest source for rear D-44

OT

NAXJA Forum User
Lately, at work, we've been doning the lifts for a Nissan dealership.
Mostly, we've been lifting the new Titans.

Anyway, the Titans are outfitted with Dana axles.
The front is an IFS D-30.
The rear, however, is a D-44.
It has big disks, a weak looking finned aluminum cover, and some of them, I believe, have electric lockers.

So there you go.
A new source for Dana 44s.
Get the jump on the rest of the wheelers looking for good junkyard 44s.

Sounds like the 44's in the TJ unlimited, they have them stock with disc brakes. They are low pinion though..
I get a kick out of how the salesman look at you when you crawl under one at the rear bumper and come out up front, linoleum floors are great for that... :laugh3:

Okie Terry said:
Lately, at work, we've been doning the lifts for a Nissan dealership.
Mostly, we've been lifting the new Titans.

Anyway, the Titans are outfitted with Dana axles.
The front is an IFS D-30.
The rear, however, is a D-44.
It has big disks, a weak looking finned aluminum cover, and some of them, I believe, have electric lockers.

So there you go.
A new source for Dana 44s.
Get the jump on the rest of the wheelers looking for good junkyard 44s.

Aren't the Titan rearends a Aluminum 44/60 hybrid????

91 Jeep Project said:
Aren't the Titan rearends a Aluminum 44/60 hybrid????
I didn't stick a magnet to it to find out if it was aluminum or not.
The cover is definitely aluminum, but the case is probably iron.
Don't know about the 44/60 hybrid part either.
It's just a 44, I think.

well i'm gonna pull a chair up and grab a six pack and be waiting at the junkyard for one.

Ramsey said:
well i'm gonna pull a chair up and grab a six pack and be waiting at the junkyard for one.
I hope the chair is comfy, And I think you're going to need a few more than a six pack.

i guess i should have added. if i'm not back in 4 years, rent a backhoe and bury me with my jeep

one of the truck magazines just did a write up on taking this out for a d60 cos the blew up the D44 twice.

Back