• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installed some items. One question.

CSaddict

NAXJA Forum User
Well this morning I went out and took my brakes apart. It seems they aren't returning and it get a tiny squeal from the front sometimes. Anyway I found the slide pins really corroded. I cleaned them and regreased them and threw it back together. Then I had some extra time so I installed my Rusty's "performance package" It all fit really well and really easy to install. I did the Longer K&N with the intake tube, the TB spacer, and Flowmaster Exhaust. I am overall pleased with the results. The exhaust sounds a bit meatier but isn't really loud. Anyway my question is that at like 1/4 throttle I get a whistle. I am assuming its because the TB is ported on the side to what looks like an IAC valve ( excuse me I'm a Honda guy.) I believe this is why it does that. All top feed D16 honda TB's do the same thing. Am I correct in assuming this?

Thanks in advance
Dave.

P.S. the brake still squeel. I think the pads need to be chamferred on the leading edge. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

CSaddict said:
P.S. the brake still squeel. I think the pads need to be chamferred on the leading edge. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Have the rotors turned?
W-D40, anti-sieze or wheel bearing grease on the new pads and the rotors will work wonders.
icon10.gif

The squeal is not when I'm on the brakes. It when I let off. It the caliper not releasing all the way and the pad rubbing the rotor and shaking in the mount.

Back