• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CPS woes....FIXED !!

red91

NAXJA Forum User
I hope.

Just wanted to tell ya.....XJnation, 5-90, Old Man, ChuckD....thanks for all the insight.

Wasen't as bad as I thought. angle on the inner bolt was a bit tough, but like you said tom...15 min. Took me 30 cause I had to put it on the lift.

Fired right up and idled better than before. Letting it heat up for a good long time to make sure I got the little bugger.

I also belive a couple of tiny metal slivers attached to the magnet might have caused interfernce. Hope there aren't any more, but my confidence level is back on track.

So to all the guys who wonder if its worth joining this place....OH YEAH. I just got my 2 yr dues paid for in tech help that I desperately needed. And I'm sure that I'll tap this place again MANY MANY times before I'm through.

So once again guys....THANKS. Your previous experience has made mine...tollerable. ( almost enjoyable ) Weird how good it felt to turn a wrench again. I've been lazy lately. I also noticed my tools are in dire need of additions and upgrades.

Best of all...the tow company that rescued me last night called and told me that the $98 they were gonna charge me, got dropped to $40.00 this morning. Got the call while I was working on the repairs. :D

Flatbed, rush hour P/U, and a 10 mile drive.

I made out good all the way ROUND.

:peace:

Last edited:
Sweet. Yeah - those CPS's are a pain to change - until I started notching them and found that long extension I use (CPS's are the only thing I use it for, but with four XJ's, it was money well spent!)

I feel the same way about my membership here - it's paid for itself several times over - Hell, my first two years was probably worth whatever it's going to cost me to stay here - the only reason I lapsed so long was because I was getting clobbered on textbooks for school (hopefully, that won't be so much of a problem anymore...)

Nice job on getting the tow knocked down - that's the kind of phone call I don't mind getting.

Still, you might want to keep a spare CPS around (I do - usually in my glove box. Since my truck goes wherever I'm needed, that's where I keep all my emergency goodies...)

5-90

thankyouvm.gif
ich dank aych zeyer

Lawn Cher' said:
Whoa, getting too Jewish in here.

cool....the name Lawn Cher' should be coming up soon :evil hand wringing:

But then....I'm not so sure I want something thats been used that hard. :laugh3:

I have a Jewish heritage. My grandmother on my father's side was Jewish and I have quite a few ancestors on my Mom's side. I learned quite a bit of Yiddish growing up. I remembered it so it was easy to lookup to get the spelling.

old_man said:
I have a Jewish heritage. My grandmother on my father's side was Jewish and I have quite a few ancestors on my Mom's side. I learned quite a bit of Yiddish growing up. I remembered it so it was easy to lookup to get the spelling.

uh oh Mark......Tom is gunning for Honorary Jewish status....seems he about 45% there.

Mark and I will get together and let you know how it goes Old Man. ;)

Back