• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf Spring Choice?

Huy V. Le

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the dillema.

Going for 2.5" RMS Leaf Spring from SDL Suspension with 0.75" Extended Shackles from Rustys.

Or going with a 3.5" RE Leaf Spring with stock shackles.

I want the best on/off road Solution.

Regards,

Huy

what is the total goal for the jeep?

longer shackles allow for greater spring movement and are generaly a good addition to lift packs...

so if you plan to one day grow longer legs - get the shackle and smaller leaf pack -
if 3.5 (you will get 4.5" more initialy) is your end goal - then get the leaf packs...

remember to flex them out and figure out how to make your bumpstops so you dont end up with some negative arched springs...

I have already a RE 3.5" lift Kit with ADL in the back, my back sits lower than my front when I don't have the winch.

Therefore I was thinking to put 0.75" extended shackles in the back. Off-Road it will be great but on road, I'll like to know how it feels.

Last weekend, my friend broke his leaf pack (with add a leaf and 2" extended shackles), It is his second or third pack that he broke. Therefore he went with the 4.5" RMS from SDL suspension. He try before the 2.5" RMS with 2" extended shackles, and he says it has too much sway.

Having to change leaf in the trail is not fun! Therefore I was thinking, to change for complete pack also.

I can't go higher than 3.5" lift, because with 33" tires, I barely fit in the garage.

Regards,

Huy

Back