• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Doors-less

It might make it a little weeker but I would worry more about something tagging you in the hip. If you don't have a cage with a hip bar I wouldn't suggest it. Make some half doors instead.

That was the main reason I put mine back on... scary thought getting t-boned with no doors....

The doors don't add structural integrity to the roof, so I wouldn't worry about that.

i run doorless no problems although it is a concern about something coming through or laying over onto something. half or tube doors are on the to do list

looking good, your getting there for an exo, thought about going over the top with that

it will be getting an exo type thing this fall/winter. I think I'm going to chop out the very top of the roof at the same time and it will be a combination of inner and exo cage, also under the front fenders like Goatman. It will actually serve primarily as a giant slider than a cage, I might flop it on a rare occasion, but definitely not going to do anything with real risk of multiple rolls.

cool, i take it you dont dd this anymore

35, that is per gallon? that cant be right. i didnt think vehicles could get over 15...lucky bastard

Ramsey said:
35, that is per gallon? that cant be right. i didnt think vehicles could get over 15...lucky bastard
x2

I'm looking at getting an MJ for a trail rig, but it's going to be hard for me to keep it street legal. I'd love to go as far as you have Brett, but that's already way past illegal for me in NH...

BrettM said:
I really like running doorless, though side protection was a concern for either getting t-boned or flopping against a rock on the trail. my solution:

That seems to do the trick, I took my doors off last night. I think I'll be closer to nature without doors. You know, let a little of the outside in... or should I say: alot of mud in. Oh well, it's a $400 dollar Jeep. I keep telling myself that...

BrettM said:
I really like running doorless, though side protection was a concern for either getting t-boned or flopping against a rock on the trail. my solution:

Lemme guess... you are wearing flip-flops in this photo, right?

has anyone had trouble running doorless. Such as after going wheeling having a hard time putting the doors back on. I am a little afraid to do it just because they are unibody and I am a little worried thay might not go back on right.

The only time I have had trouble getting the doors back on is when i hit the door jam itself. Stuff doesn't just slide down the door... My new 2 door has no doors, and the back roof is cut off. I have a cage and door bars though. I was more worried about flopping on a jagged rock or something.

Back