• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Lift Setup Questions

Char-Broil

NAXJA Forum User
I have been pricing out new lift options for my 94 and it seems to me that this is the most economical and best quality option...Any additions or comments would be great. Trying to keep it under $800.

Rusty's 4.5" Coils $130
Rusty's HD trackbar $190
Nth Degree Adj LCA $118
Nth Degree Adj UCA $95
JKS disco's $125

Total for that is a little over $650

for the rear i am going to make a bastard pack

So my questions are...

I don't have a super heavy front bumper, not planning on running a winch. I am planning on running 33's and my fenders are already trimmed. I am planning on wheeling it but nothing crazy. Obviously with the swaybar disco'd i want some flex . So are the rusty's springs the best choice? And will i need the UCAs? Also any knowledge on the Nth degree arms and 4.5" of lift would be helpful. Not planning on going any higher than the 4.5".

Last question might be a dumb one but here goes...

I am currently running about 2" of lift with doetchtech shocks. If I lift to the 4.5" total, this will require me to get new shocks, right? In the rear i am planning on shortening my shock mounts on the axle but i'm guessing if i want any flex im going to need new shocks. The shocks only have about 10,000 miles or so on them--if that, so I would like to get a little more out of them if possible. If there's any way to make them work, help would be appreciated. Thanks guys

One thing about the lift setup that I would change, would be the UCA. Supposedly, tj guys don't run them in the front since they don't have the required strength, even though they would work, you can get something more reliable. The coils will flex out great, so don't worry about that, but get some bumpstops for the front, since they will most likely let those 33's slice. I would try selling the shocks as well since they are relatively new, and they won't let you droop as much as you'll want. Also, a rear extended brake line will be needed. With the front, you can just relocate it. You also may need an SYE, but it's varies from jeep to jeep.

xjj33p3r said:
One thing about the lift setup that I would change, would be the UCA. Supposedly, tj guys don't run them in the front since they don't have the required strength, even though they would work, you can get something more reliable. The coils will flex out great, so don't worry about that, but get some bumpstops for the front, since they will most likely let those 33's slice. I would try selling the shocks as well since they are relatively new, and they won't let you droop as much as you'll want. Also, a rear extended brake line will be needed. With the front, you can just relocate it. You also may need an SYE, but it's varies from jeep to jeep.

Alright I will look into different CAs...and i will buy or make some bumpstops. i already have the rear brake line extension which is really long, and I'm hoping to get away with a t-case drop and maybe an extended yoke/axle shim combo. we'll see, i'm willing to play around with it. Would it be possible to do the setup with the shocks i have and not flex it till i get longer ones? tanks for the input

muddygp said:
I have been pricing out new lift options for my 94 and it seems to me that this is the most economical and best quality option...Any additions or comments would be great. Trying to keep it under $800.

Rusty's 4.5" Coils $130
Rusty's HD trackbar $190
Nth Degree Adj LCA $118
Nth Degree Adj UCA $95
JKS disco's $125

Total for that is a little over $650

for the rear i am going to make a bastard pack

So my questions are...

I don't have a super heavy front bumper, not planning on running a winch. I am planning on running 33's and my fenders are already trimmed. I am planning on wheeling it but nothing crazy. Obviously with the swaybar disco'd i want some flex . So are the rusty's springs the best choice? And will i need the UCAs? Also any knowledge on the Nth degree arms and 4.5" of lift would be helpful. Not planning on going any higher than the 4.5".

Last question might be a dumb one but here goes...

I am currently running about 2" of lift with doetchtech shocks. If I lift to the 4.5" total, this will require me to get new shocks, right? In the rear i am planning on shortening my shock mounts on the axle but i'm guessing if i want any flex im going to need new shocks. The shocks only have about 10,000 miles or so on them--if that, so I would like to get a little more out of them if possible. If there's any way to make them work, help would be appreciated. Thanks guys

Build your own Disco's upgrade your TB to a JKS or RE. Also look into RE coils.

Other than that looks pretty good, if you do go with Rusty's make sure you get a good shipping quote.

muddygp said:
Alright I will look into different CAs...and i will buy or make some bumpstops. i already have the rear brake line extension which is really long, and I'm hoping to get away with a t-case drop and maybe an extended yoke/axle shim combo. we'll see, i'm willing to play around with it. Would it be possible to do the setup with the shocks i have and not flex it till i get longer ones? tanks for the input

You can run those front shocks for now until you can get longer ones. In the rear you can relocate the shock mounts on the axle and use what you have.

Just make sure you trim your fenders well, take care of all the sharp edges and turn your wheels left and right when flexed out, then you will see where else to trim.

Thanks for the info about the shocks. I'll look into making my own discos and the JKS trackbar. I have a friend who is running the rubicon trackbar and its pretty well worn out after 10k mi and not much off roading

muddygp said:
Thanks for the info about the shocks. I'll look into making my own discos and the JKS trackbar. I have a friend who is running the rubicon trackbar and its pretty well worn out after 10k mi and not much off roading

Wich one, the one with the HD bracket or the hiem joint? I have had Rusty's, it's not bad, but the others are better that I mentioned.

You can also look at Kevin's Part's TB. This is the one I am running right now. Whith this one, if you do some modifications to your steering and mount over the axle. You can shorten it pretty easily.

He has the HD. I think he just wore out the flex joint on it. I will probably go with the RE track bar, as it is cheaper and seems to be better than the Rusty's. I guess I'll get springs from them too and scratch rusty's alltogether. I've ordered from RE before and they havn't screwed me on shipping. Thanks

Yeah I did some research on it a few weeks ago and looks like 2wd S-10 leaves are a good way to go. I have a guy who is going to send me pictures when I do it.

Back