• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what to do with these wires

mdl

NAXJA Forum User
Ok ive setup my light bar, installed the switches. everything works. only problem is i have all the wires running through the window. what can i do to get these inside? I refuse to make another hole because there must be a way in without needing to make another. any ideas?

Choice A) run it through a pre-existing gromet through the FW/door/fender
Choice B) make a new hole
Choice C) leave it as is

On 4 door Xj's you can bring the wires between the doors. Drill thru the door pillar. Some years have grommets there for the seatbelt bolts. Under the hood are some grommets you can piggyback a wire on. I look for or measure from some sort of landmark that passes thru the firewall from the factory, wires, cables, steering column, etc. Just make sure to triple check your aim on both sidesbefore you drill. You can remove the domelight and gain access to drill the roof from there. Run your wires between the roof and the headliner.

Didn't want to drill any holes so I simply run it to the corner of the windshield, tucked it underneath the flashing, then in the small space betweeh the fender and the top piece beside the front cowl. THen simply brought it through the grommet I removed for the rest of my light wiring, right near where the cable for the gas pedal is. Haven't had a problem with it yet.

Back