• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tranny questions

53guy

NAXJA Forum User
ok, i've read the posts and i'm still confused... my issue is that i'm leaking transmission fluid (yes i'm sure, i steam cleaned underneath and drove for about 20 minutes, no leaking from the rear main seal) from i'm that plate that is covering the front of the transmission. i have no idea what the transmission assembly looks like, but i'm guessing that's my torque converter cover or inspection cover or something like that. anyways, fluid is coming from in there somewhere. what could be leaking there? i normally drive on the highway for about 2 hours of steady 75-80mph and have no problems what so ever other than that leak. i have installed a transmission cooler a while ago and there are no leaks coming from it. i drive a '99 xj sport, 4.0l, aw4, np231, no lift, 235/75 bfg muds. any ideas? any place that i can find a drawing or diagram of the way the transmission is set up? anything would be awesome, thanks guys.

Back