• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grand front driveline same as XJ?

Twistedimg

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to do the whole front driveline in the rear junkyard swap and came across a Grand Cherokee front driveline. It is a 94, V8, and I believe its an auto. We held it up to the front driveline in my XJ and it looks like the same. Does anyone know if it is for sure, or if it will work for the swap?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, it will bolt in.

But I believe it's a low pinion differential, and unless your XJ is a 2000 or 2001 it began life with a high pinion front diff.

It may bolt in but it may not be the same.

If it is the full time version chances are it has CV shafts instead of u-joints. Not sure if the V-8s came other than 2wd or full time.

Ok...I understand now...at first I thought you wanted to put the whole front end (axle and all) in.

I'm not sure that's a good way to do it.

I've personally seen 2 different ZJ front driveshafts blow apart (literally) with just stock tires in sand.

Plus the way the front ZJ shaft attaches to the pinion is not the same as a regular style yoke.
I just don't think it;s a strong combo even for a front app...much less in the rear.

Back