• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ fender removal

Burley

NAXJA Forum User
My MJ needs front fenders in the worst way since it looks like someone took a baseball bat to them. I am going to the local pick and pull that has a couple of MJ's and was wondering how to remove them. I see three or four Torx nuts/bolts holding it on around by the door and underneath. Do I just need the apporpriate Tork driver and nothing else?

Also, what would a pair of fenders in good condition be worth?

Thanks guys.

Burley

Burley said:
My MJ needs front fenders in the worst way since it looks like someone took a baseball bat to them. I am going to the local pick and pull that has a couple of MJ's and was wondering how to remove them. I see three or four Torx nuts/bolts holding it on around by the door and underneath. Do I just need the apporpriate Tork driver and nothing else?

Also, what would a pair of fenders in good condition be worth?

Thanks guys.

Burley

Xj and MJ fenders are interchangable. to remove the fender you have 2 bolts behind the door, 3 bolts under fender at the pinch seam, all the pesky liner nuts, one bolt centered in the wheel well openning under the liner, 6 bolts on top of teh fender in the engine compartment, and 2 nuts under the side marker lights to the header panel...I bought new fenders @ 35.00 each

xjnation said:
Xj and MJ fenders are interchangable. to remove the fender you have 2 bolts behind the door, 3 bolts under fender at the pinch seam, all the pesky liner nuts, one bolt centered in the wheel well openning under the liner, 6 bolts on top of teh fender in the engine compartment, and 2 nuts under the side marker lights to the header panel...I bought new fenders @ 35.00 each

Where did you get new ones for $35???? That is a better deal than I can get for used ones!

Back