• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

battery drain problems

hman333

NAXJA Forum User
ok i got a problem, the battery is brand new and i just had it tested yesterday, but for some reason it is being drained in 2 days when i havethe jeep turned off, i dont know what is causing it, i can jump it off and it will run fine for however long i want to drive, but when turned off and left overnight the battery will be so low that it will have trouble cranking, is there something i can set up to limit the amount of power that is drained out, or does any one have any suggestions on what maybe be the problem?
thanks
h

Sounds like a dead short to me although I have never had any luck in finding one. I usually have to take it to the professionals.

Sorry for not being any help.

JC95

It really doesnt matter much what year Jeep you have. Put a meter in line with the battery and try pulling fuses to see where your drain is. Also check your glove box and under hood light, those are prime culprits.

It does matter what year you have. If you have older than 91 you can go to the starter relay and disconnect each cable and check for continuity to ground. If it is 91-95, go to the power distribution box and pull fuses. I am not familiar enough with 96+ to offer an opinion.

Back