• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'88 XJ Question

BoogieDown

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone tell me what componenents came on an '88 XJ Laredo 4door 4WD Automatic 4.0L(from the factory)?

Front Diff Dana 30?
Rear Diff?
Transmission?
Transfer 242 Selec Trac?
Those are my best guesses, the data plates are either rusted or corroded too bad to read. I took my VIN# to several dealers but they claim their database goes as far back as 1990

Most likely the D35 rear, AW4 transmission. Does your t-case have 2hi-4hi part time-4hi full time-neutral-4lo part time? If so then its the selec trac. If it doesnt have the full time setting then its the command trac.

front is a high pinion Dana 30
rear is either a D35 or D44
D35:
IDdana35.gif

D44:
IDdana44.gif

tranny is the AW4
t-case is the np242 if it has a full-time position, np231 if it doesn't have the full-time position

Now learn to search, all those questions would have been easily answered with a search

I DID A SEARCH FIRST AND GOT THE SAME RETARD ANSWERS THAT THE DEALERS WERE GIVING ME. That's why I posted the question. Thanks for your assistance CMOTSVT

i sense some hostility here....

Back