• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Help Pronto !

red91

NAXJA Forum User
91 xj stalling out....

1. NO engine codes...
2. throttle response poor ( intermitantly)
3. DIDN'T overheat.

I'm thinking throttle body or CAT. but no signs of bogging down like a cat might normally do.

went from little to no idle to high rev about 2500-2800 RPM. Then mellowed back out. and did it again. same exact thing. this is a NEW problem not reoccuring.

ideas ?

if anyone that has my # has any ideas....call me.

Last edited:
can you hear any sort of vacuum leak? look at the map sensor lines, trottle body, intake manifold gasket etc.. if you cat was clogged to the point you jeep was stalling most likely you'd be overheating and you exhaust manifold would be glowing. could also be the ever failing tps sensor?

eric

Try squirting PB blaster or something like it, in the IAC air opening in the TB, with the motor running, work the throttle a little. I just dribble it in there a few drops at a time. IAC gets sticky, from time to time.

well thanks guys...it seems to be a tempirary problem. Went away. I did change the fuel filter, figured it wasen't the cat, and did the IAC cleanup. Throttle body was a little dirty.

Don't know what the heck it was, but thanks for the response, and a couple of calls.

Back