• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hey GoJeep

CRASH

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
G,day.

I wanted to pick your brain a bit about the Donaldson filter setup. I'm considering model G082528, which is an 8" filter, no safety filter, 90 degree intake. My intake crosses over my valve cover, so I have plenty of room on that side of the motor for the large model. According to the calc on your site, I think the 8" would feed enough air for my 4.7 stroker.

I've been finding small particulate in my intake tube, which means my K&N cone filter is failing to do it's primary job! The canisters really intruige me, especially the finned dust seperator.

Questions: Are you still happy with yours?

Does the dust seperator work as advertised?

What is the service interval of the paper filter in dusty conditions?

http://go.jeep-xj.info/DonaldsonFilters.pdf

CRASH

He left today (Saturday the 19th where he is) for Turkey. Then on to Lebanon/Syria/Egypt, if I recall the itinerary correctly. He told me he would be gone for ~7 weeks. He's going to try and check email but thought it might be spotty at best.

I leave tomorrow guys on Sunday the 19th ;)
I am really happy with the filter setup and intend to transfer it to my next XJ should I ever to be forced to replace this one. I have continued to show an improvement in the fuel consumption since fitting it so it must be doing something right. I have found dust in the collector which I just shake out after only removing that part leaving the rest of the filter still mounted and strapped down. I think it is a good idea not to use the pre filter as well dust separator I just spoke about ( unless fitting it to a dozer or similar ) as it restricts the airflow too much and more so if you run a stroker.
Service interval will vary hugely according to the sort of conditions you run in. From memory the truck place I do some work at changes them every 50,000 kms ( 32,000 miles ) and just blow them out at the in-between services for a filter that was the same on a 6.0 liter Turbo Diesel.
Hope that helps.

Back