• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 UCA bushings....

cwlongshot

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone done this?
Hows it done and is it doable without removing the whole axle?????

I THINK, I need to do mine......still got a little wobble. Not sure where its coming from. But after swapping in the new LCA's track bar and ONE pass side upper CA it got alot better. (Couldn't get the drivers side out UCA!!!)

Sat, I will be swapping in the taller coils and ditching the spacers.

I have checked them once already, but...I will really look closely at the ball joints/ unit bearings......but with only 61,000 miles, I doubt its them.....at least I hope its not them. They can be a PITA to change!!!!

cwlongshot said:
Anyone done this?
Hows it done and is it doable without removing the whole axle?????

I THINK, I need to do mine......still got a little wobble. Not sure where its coming from. But after swapping in the new LCA's track bar and ONE pass side upper CA it got alot better. (Couldn't get the drivers side out UCA!!!)

Sat, I will be swapping in the taller coils and ditching the spacers.

I have checked them once already, but...I will really look closely at the ball joints/ unit bearings......but with only 61,000 miles, I doubt its them.....at least I hope its not them. They can be a PITA to change!!!!

Search through the oem forum as there is a post by Goatman floating around in response to someoen asking that very same question. In essence he made a tool that helped with the replacement process: it was kind of a puller type thing.

Your other option would be to drill out the rubber (or burn it out) then take a metal blade and notch from the inside the sleeve and then collapse it with a punch or something.

I found about four previuos threads about UCA bushings. NONE really answered any questions!!!! Some where NEVER even answered!

Most conserned poly bushings and members went on and on about the squeaks associated with them....all good....but not what I need.

I am looking for the horses mouth, so to speak. I would like to hear from a member who has done this.
I have ordered the bushings and will attempt instilation tomarrow. i HOPE TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE FIRST!!!!

HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I changed out all my control are bushings myself except those 2. I looked at them and decided I didn't want to deal with it. I found an alignment shop that did it for me for $45. That was cheap enough for me to just have them do it, oh and I supplied the bushings.

I used a loan-a- tool frome my local auto zone.Ask for a ball joint press....it'll be a big c clamp looking thing.
it popped those ucab's out like a woman in labor!!!

Back